For the many who crave drink on the spicier side but can never seem to find a good cocktail, let me be the bearer of good news. The Spicy Margherita has landed. It’s actually landed for awhile but many people just don’t know about it. This drink is usually enjoyed with tequila but Mezcal also makes for a great substitution.
What you’ll need:
- 2 oz Blanco Tequila
- 1 oz Fresh Lime Juice
- ½ Orange Liqueur
- ½ oz Agave Syrup
- 1 Lime Wedge
- 2 Jalapeno wheels, no seeds
How to make it:
Now it’s time to make the cocktail. We highly encourage a cocktail shaker but a blender will also suffice (make sure to not include the ice in the blender, because it will dilute your drink). These directions will assume you already are a badass at-home cocktail maker and have gone out to get the shaker.
- Before doing anything, ready your glass by rubbing the brim with salt, dipping it in salt, and placing it in the freezer to chill while you whip up your cocktail
- Add jalapenos to your shaker and muddle
- Next, add ice and pour the rest of your ingredients into your shaker
- Shaker your drink until a frost forms around your shaker
- Strain in your ready glass and garnish your drink with some more jalapeno.
Woah! You’ve just made a beautiful drink (we won’t judge if you put it on the ‘gram). For quality cocktail ingredients and at home delivery, go to ShopSK.