If there was a Alcohol Making 101 class, the Old Fashioned would be the first thing they teach. The Old Fashioned is made to go down smooth, with a great mix of smoky bourbon taste with a sugar and citrus contrast.
What you’ll need:
- 2 oz Bourbon (we like this one the most)
- 3 dashes of Angostura bitters
- 1 dash of Orange Bitters
- ¼ oz cold water
- 1 Brown Sugar cube
How to make it:
Now it’s time to make the Old Fashioned. Make sure to have a separate glass for mixing filled with ice. Have the glass you’ll be using for the actual drink, preferably a coupe or even rocks glass, filled with fresh ice. The ice in the mixing glass will be left behind.
- Fill your mixing glass with all of the ingredients (no ice). Keep muddling to break down the sugar and stir lightly.
- Now fill your mixing glass with ice and keep stirring till chilled.
- In a sperate cup, fill with fresh ice and strain your drink, pouring it over the fresh ice and leaving the stirred ice behind.
- If you’re feeling yourself, garnish your cup with a lemon wheel and an orange peel.
Woah! You have just made a beautiful cocktail (we won’t judge if you put it on the gram). For quality cocktail ingredients and at home delivery, go to ShopSK.