It is believed that eggnog began in Europe. As early as the 13th century, medieval monks in Britain were known to drink posset, a warm ale punch with eggs and figs. Over the years, this likely merged with the various milk and wine punches often served at social gatherings. At ShopSk, however, we like to add a little something extra in there to make it feel even warmer; and since eggnog is a social drink, this recipe serves 4.
What you’ll need:
- 2 Eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup Sugar, divided
- 4 oz Heavy cream
- 10 oz Whole milk
- 4 oz Rum, bourbon, or brandy
- Garnish: Grated nutmeg
How to make it:
- In a large bowl, beat together egg yolks and sugar until fluffy.
- Stir in milk, heavy cream and spirit of choice.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Fold egg whites into yolk mixture.
- Serve in a rocks glass, punch or tea cup.
- Garnish with freshly grated nutmeg.
Woah! You’ve just made a beautiful drink (we won’t judge if you put it on the ‘gram). For quality cocktail ingredients and at home delivery, go to ShopSK.