The Brown Derby executes for a holy trinity of taste: smoky from the bourbon, sour tang from the grapefruit juice, and sweetness from the honey syrup. If you make one of these, make sure to make two — you’ll want another one.
What you’ll need:
- 1 ½ oz Bourbon
- 1 oz Fresh Grapefruit Juice
- ½ Honey Syrup
How to make it:
Now it’s time to make the cocktail. We highly encourage a cocktail shaker but a blender will also suffice (make sure to not include the ice in the blender, because it will dilute your drink). These directions will assume you already are a badass at-home cocktail maker and have gone out to get the shaker.
- Add all ingredients into your shaker filled with ice, including honey syrup.
- Shake the shaker until it is chilled to your liking. We encourage shaking until there’s a mild frost on the shaker.
- Strain over a new cup filled with fresh ice
- Garnish with a grapefruit peel
Woah! You’ve just made a beautiful drink (we won’t judge if you put it on the ‘gram). For quality cocktail ingredients and at home delivery, go to ShopSK.