Normally, if you’re like most people who don’t think cognac making an appearance in their tropical themed drink — think again. The Banana Surfer highlights an amazing relationship between not only cognac and bitters, but a splash of spiced rum.
What you’ll need:
- 1 ½ oz Hennessy V.S.O.P. Cognac
- ½ oz spiced rum
- ½ oz Banana cordial
- ½ oz Cinnamon Honey Syrup
- Cinnamon-honey syrup: Bring 2 cups of water and 4 cinnamon sticks to a boil, and let simmer for 15 minutes. Add 2 cups honey and stir to dissolve. Let cool before using.
- ½ coconut cream
- 1 dash Chocolate mole bitters
How to make it:
Now it’s time to make the cocktail. We highly encourage a cocktail shaker but a blender will also suffice (make sure to not include the ice in the blender, because it will dilute your drink). These directions will assume you already are a badass at-home cocktail maker and have gone out to get the shaker.
- Include all your ingredients in a shaker.
- Fill shaker with ice.
- Shake the shaker until there is a solid frost forming around the shaker.
- Strain into your cup filled with crushed ice.
- Include a straw for easier drinkability.
Woah! You’ve just made a beautiful drink (we won’t judge if you put it on the ‘gram). For quality cocktail ingredients and at home delivery, go to ShopSK.