The Moscow Mule
- by ShopSK .com
The Moscow Mule
History & Appreciation:
What do you get when you mix a vodka executive, a LA bartender who bought way too much ginger beer and the girlfriend of the who owned a company that made copper products? Yes. Exactly. The classic Moscow Mule.
Originally using Moscow-born Smirnoff, Martin (the executive) was selling Smirnoff when he stumbled upon a bartender (Morgan) who had too much ginger beer, Moscow Mules can be made with all different kinds of vodka that have different flavors. The Mule is perfect drink, just cause it’s so easy to make meanwhile tasting great. Usually a favorite for hotter days.
What you’ll need:
The Moscow Mule is doesn’t need too much love for you to love it. The short ingredients list:
- Vodka (we like this one the most)
- Ginger Beer (Non-Alcoholic)
- Copper Mule Mug (if you’re feelin’ like a pro)
How to make it:
Now it’s times to make the Mule. As Morgan said when asked about the day he invented the drink, “We three were quaffing a slug, nibbling an hors d'oeuvre and shoving toward inventive genius”. This is exactly the vibe we want you to have as you build your masterpiece.
- Start off getting your glass right. If you’re using a Mule Mug or just a glass, start off by putting it in the freezer for a few minutes to give the drink a colder experience. Next pour ice into your cup.
- Straight into the good stuff. Pour 2oz/60ml (or a double shot) of vodka into your cup. (If you like it stronger, we won’t say anything).
- Give it some flavor. Next, pour in 4oz/120 ml (4 shots) of ginger beer into your cup. Now stir the vodka and beer.
- Put the lime in the —. We like our Moscow Mule’s with a little tang. Squeeze two lime wedges into the drink. Stir again!
BOOM! You have just made a beautiful cocktail (we won’t judge if you put it on the gram). For quality cocktail ingredients and at home delivery, go to ShopSK.