Strawberry Basil Bourbon Lemonade
The Strawberry Basil Bourbon Lemonade is the ultimate party drink. Have a few people coming over? Bust out the Bourbon Lemonade and that get together will turn in to a party really quick. You could even speed up the process by making the drink a little stronger (we won’t judge).
What you’ll need:
This recipe is about 8 servings. you you're either going to have fun with your friends or a crazy night by yourself. If you do, however, just want to make the drink scaled to just yourself, divide the ingredient quantity by 8.
- 8 oz bourbon (we like this one the most)
- 2 cups of strawberries
- ½ cup of fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 12 basil leaves
- 8 basil sprigs
How to make it:
Now it’s times to make the Strawberry Basil Bourbon Lemonade. This drink is best prepared with a blender due to it being made for a larger amount of people as will as the higher quantity of ingredients that need to be mixed together.
- Sweetie. After setting up your blender, place 2 cups of strawberries into a blender with 2 tablespoons of sugar. Next add some water ( ¼ cup). Using the pulse feature, pulse in blender till the mixture is in pureed.
- Heat it up. Now prepare a medium saucepan with your blended puree over a medium high heat. Add 1.75 cups of water to the puree. Heat the mixture until the puree with water begins to boil. Once it boils, let the mixture cool and then, using a sieve, strain.
- Stir don’t shake. Instead of shaking, this this drink around for a few seconds until it is fully mixed.
- Bring it all together. In a larger pitcher, combine the strained puree, bourbon (at least 8 oz), 1 cup of water, lemon juice, and basil leaves. Stir till mixed, then add a splash of bitters. Stir again.
- Next level s***. If you have extra strawberries, cut them up and add them to the pitcher. Don’t add any ice to the pitcher. Put them separately in the cup you’ll be drinking from and pour from the pitcher into the cup with ice. Finally garnish each cup with a basil sprig, and most important of all, ENJOY.
Woah! You have just made a beautiful cocktail (we won’t judge if you put it on the gram). For quality cocktail ingredients and at home delivery, go to ShopSK.