Spicy Mint Avocado Margarita
If you’re from California, this cocktail might feel like a long time coming. First came the avocado toast, now we have the avocado cocktail. Hey, we’re not complaining, plus, avocadoes are considered to be a super food…so does that make this drink a super cocktail? Who knows. But what we do know is that the Spicy Mint Avocado Margarita is nothing short of super tasty.
What you’ll need:
- 1 slice Avocado (approximately 2 tbsp)
- 3 slices Jalapeño pepper (seeds removed)
- 4 Fresh mint leaves
- 1 oz Fresh lime juice
- 2 oz Blanco tequila
- 1 oz Orange liqueur
- 1/2 oz Simple syrup
- 1 pinch Salt
- Garnish: Salt rim
- Garnish: Mint sprig
How to make it:
- Rim a double rocks glass with salt and set aside.
- Add the avocado, jalapeño, mint and lime juice into a mixing glass and muddle until the avocado is mashed.
- Add the tequila, liqueur, syrup and salt.
- Fill the glass with ice, and shake until well-chilled.
- Strain into the prepared glass over fresh ice.
- Garnish with a mint sprig.