- by ShopSK .com
History & Appreciation:
Just like with many rum drinks, Havana Cuba is the birthplace of the Mojito. The Mojito was originally popularized as a form of battling scurvy seen in long voyages from Europe to the New Americas, due to its use of lime. The lime, by itself, would have been a means to getting rid of the scurvy, but hey, might as well have some fun right?
What you’ll need:
- Rum (we like this one the most)
- Fresh Lime Juice
- Simple Syrup
- Club Soda
- 3 mint leaves
How to make it:
Now it’s time to make the Mojito Cocktail. We highly encourage a cocktail shaker but a blender will also suffice (but don’t put the mints in there, that’s for the garnish at the end). These directions will assume you already are a badass at-home cocktail maker and have gone out to get the shaker.
- Set the mood. Begin by starting off with the flavor, putting a couple mints in your shaker. Make sure you have a separate glass ready with fresh ice.
- Straight into the good stuff.Pour 2oz/60ml (or a double shot) of Rum, ¾ oz of lime juice, ½ oz of simple syrup, and ice into your shaker with ice.
- Brief Shake & Strain. After briefly shaking & mixing your concoction, use a strainer to pour your drink into your glass (that has fresh ice).
- Top off! Next top off the drink with ½ oz of club soda. Feel free to add more mint to the final drink
DONE! You have just made a beautiful cocktail (we won’t judge if you put it on the gram). For quality cocktail ingredients and at home delivery, go to ShopSK.