- by ShopSK .com
History & Appreciation:
Although the Margarita has been around longer than can be dated, it’s popularity in the U.S can easily be tracked. In the early 1900’s, the Margarita (meaning the flower Daisy in Spanish) was already a popular drink in Mexico; however, the drink, let alone Tequila, hadn’t been too popularized yet in the states. That was until Prohibition happened. Suddenly, massive droves of Americans started “visiting” Mexico where they became introduced to the cocktail. As Americans made their way back to the states, so did their new found knowledge of this delicious liquor and drink.
What you’ll need:
The Margarita is a simple drink to make and will require two types of alcohol.
- Cointreau Liqueur
- Simple Syrup
- Fresh Lime Juice
How to make it:
Now it’s time to make a Margarita. We highly encourage a cocktail shaker but a blender will also suffice. These directions will assume you already are a badass at-home cocktail maker and have gone out to get the shaker.
- Keep it classy. Get a rocks glass or margarita glass. Salt half of the rim. This is optional but if you want to make the best possible margarita it’s mandatory.
- Load it up. Put a 2oz of Patron Tequila, 1 oz of Cintreau Orange Liqueur, ¾ oz of fresh lime juice and ¼ oz of simple syrup (the type you’d put on your waffles) in a shaker with ice.
- SHAKE. Mix the **** out of this drink.
- No ice, all nice. Strain the drink into your prepared glass. If you do want to include ice in your drink, make sure to pour the mixed drink over FRESH ice. Trust.
- Feelin' fancy? Garnish with a lime wedge.
From bourbon gifts delivered to champagne delivery in Los Angeles County and Orange County, ShopSK is your one-stop-shop for all your alcohol delivery needs.