- by ShopSK 1
At one point the most famous cocktail in the world, the Manhattan is a staple in the cocktail world. Named after the bar it was invented in, the Manhattan is a pure whiskey cocktail that is easy to make and even easier to take down. Oh BTW, it’s not a Manhattan if it isn’t rye. No, bourbon doesn’t make it better.
What you’ll need:
- 2 oz Rye (we like this one the most)
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1 oz Sweet Vermouth
- 1 dash Orange bitters
How to make it:
Now it’s time to make the Manhattan. Make sure to have a separate glass for mixing filled with ice. Have the glass you’ll be using for the actual drink, preferably a coupe or even rocks glass, filled with fresh ice. The ice in the mixing glass will be left behind.
- Fill your mixing cup with ice and continue to pour in all your ingredients
- Continue to mix your drink until the ice has chilled your drink to your level of liking.
- Strain your drink into your cocktail glass. No ice involved in the final product of this drink.
- You may then garnish your glass with a brandied cherry if you’re feeling fancy.
Woah! You have just made a beautiful cocktail (we won’t judge if you put it on the gram). For quality cocktail ingredients and at home delivery, go to ShopSK.