The Salty Dog
The Salty Dog
The Salty Dog originated as a means for sailors to take their vitamins in a more “fun” way. As vodka became more popular in the U.S., the influence of the sailors spread including their favorite drink: the Salty Dog. Very simple to make and packing a punch, the drink involves a perfect balance of vodka and fresh grapefruit juice at a 1:2 ratio, respectively.
What you’ll need:
- 1 ½ oz Vodka
- 3 oz Fresh Pink Grapefruit Juice
How to make it:
Now it’s time to make the pup. We highly encourage a cocktail shaker but a blender will also suffice (make sure to not include the ice in the blender, because it will dilute your drink). These directions will assume you already are a badass at-home cocktail maker and have gone out to get the shaker.
- Salt your glass, preferably a Mason jar/Collins glass, around it’s rim. Don’t be afraid to be generous with it.
- Fill up your shaker with ice.
- Add your Vodka, and Fresh Grapefruit Juice into your shaker.
- Keep shaking your drink until the drink is chilled (usually about 10 seconds).
- Pour out your drink into your cup with the same ice.
- You may even garnish your glass with a lime wheel or a wedge from the grapefruit you squeezed the juice from.
Woah! You’ve just made a beautiful drink (we won’t judge if you put it on the ‘gram). For quality cocktail ingredients and at home delivery, go to ShopSK.