Ginger Mint Julep Punch
It's been whispered that the drink, traditionally made with sugar syrup and mint, was once cherished for its medicinal properties and was used by farmers for a jolt akin to coffee before they took the fields in the morning. The ginger mint julep as we now know it became the official drink of the Kentucky Derby in 1938. Now we’re going to take this Derby favorite and scale it to ten, because, just like at the Derby, you should be enjoying this drink with friends meanwhile being entertained.
What you'll need:
- 13 1/2 oz Hennessy V.S. Cognac
- 70 Mint leaves
- 20 Ginger slices
- 10 Cinnamon sticks
- 10 oz Fresh lime juice
- 3 oz Cinnamon syrup*
- 1 1/2 oz Simple syrup
- 20 oz Ginger ale
How to make it:Serves 10.
- Fill a large punch bowl with ice.
- Add the cognac, mint leaves, ginger slices, and cinnamon sticks, then the lime juice and syrups.
- Add the ginger ale right before serving in a punch glass with ice.
- *Cinnamon syrup: Combine 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water in a saucepan, and boil until sugar is dissolved. Add 6 cinnamon sticks, cover, and let sit overnight. Remove cinnamon sticks.
Woah! You’ve just made a beautiful drink (we won’t judge if you put it on the ‘gram). For quality cocktail ingredients and at home delivery, go to ShopSK.