The Chile Fresca is a brilliant Mexican twist of a Moscow Mule featuring some bitters. Spicy yet sweet — this Chile Fresca is best enjoyed in the heat, but what do we know?! If you’re also lacking your daily dose of vegetables, the vast amount of cucumbers and red bell peppers might get you a jump on that.
What you’ll need:
- 2 oz Tequila
- 3 dashes of Angostura Bitters
- 3 dashes of Ginger Beer
- ¾ oz Agave Nectar
- ¾ Fresh Lemon Juice
- 6 slices of Cucumber
- 6 slices of Red Bell Pepper
How to make it:
Now it’s time to make the cocktail. We highly encourage a cocktail shaker but a blender will also suffice (make sure to not include the ice in the blender, because it will dilute your drink). These directions will assume you already are a badass at-home cocktail maker and have gone out to get the shaker.
- Muddle your cucumbers, bell peppers, and lemon juice in the shaker
- Next add ice, agave nectar, bitters, and tequila in the shaker and shake till very chilled
- Strain your drink in a glass, preferably with a salted brim
- Top off with ginger beer
- Garnish with a solo cucumber
Woah! You’ve just made a beautiful drink (we won’t judge if you put it on the ‘gram). For quality cocktail ingredients and at home delivery, go to ShopSK.